Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Family Night at Dixie Rock

This picture is taken from Dixie Rock and overlooks the city of St. George. Tonight was family night at Dixie Rock.


Dear husband has been wanting to climb to the top of Dixie Rock since we moved here to Southern Utah. The last time we had planned on doing so, there was an electical storm, so, it was cancelled. This past Monday night however, was perfect weather, so off we went. I picked up a box of ice cream treats from the store so we had refreshments as well.

For some reason, I wasn't thinking that this would be a hike of sorts, and I wore thongs. Kind of stupid I admit. Fortunately, the red rock was fairly easy to navigate. I took this picture of a family already at the top when we were just starting to climb up.


Here at the top is DH and DS #4. We were waiting for DS #2 to join us when he got off of work. All of our boys have wanted to make this hike, but we only were able to get 2 of them that could join us.

The sky was just so gorgeous on Monday night. I wish I had a better digital camera so that I could get some nicer pictures.


I finally climbed down when it started to get dark. Some other families were on the top now and the moms were making me a nervous wreck not watching their very young children peering down to the road. Besides, I had thongs on and the descent down some worn steps was on my mind. Another fun family night has come and gone!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your blog is making me homesick. I grew up in St.george, well, Ivins,really. My family still lives there and my niece is going to Tuachan High School. Kaya is her name. I found your blog through sherrie. Have fun in Dixie!!

Glenda said...

Ivins is such a great town. I just love it! I'll have my son ask about Kaya at school.

Sherri said...

That is beautiful.