Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Up in the Air, Junior Birdmen!






Last night we went to Tuacahn Theater and saw The Sound of Music. It was very good and we had a great time. I'll blog about Tuacahn at another time. Before we went to the theater, my dad called and told me that they would fly up for breakfast in the morning (today).

My parents, Joe (my father, in the plaid shirt) and Billie (my mother), and another pilot friend of my dad's, Ed, flew up this morning. I drove up to the St. George Airport and picked them up. The St. George Airport is on a bluff and has a spectacular view of the St. George area. My dad has flown his plane into this airport several times before so I know exactly where to pick them up and meet them at the plane tie-down area.

After retrieving them at the airport, we went to a restaurant called, The Egg & I. I had heard that this was a nice place to eat breakfast. We placed our order and waited about 45 minutes for our food. We waited about 35 minutes for the waitress to check back with us. Not sure what was wrong in the kitchen/with the staff/etc, but I do know that next time we won't be going there. The general feeling among us is that we should have gone to Cracker Barrel.....oh, well, next visit.

The food was pretty good when it finally came. I took them back to the airport after we ate and got a few pictures of them getting back in the plane and of them taking off. It was so fun to see them on the spur of the moment! I am glad that we live closer and can see each other more often.

No comments: